What are the sources of contamination of semiconductor PVD vacuum coating machine?
Semiconductor vacuum coating machine is composed of many precision parts, these parts are produced through many machining processes, such as welding, grinding, turning, planing, boring, milling and other processes. Because of these tasks, the surface of equipment parts will inevitably be contaminated with grease, grease, metal shavings, solder, polishing paste, sweat marks and other pollutants caused by processing. These pollutants are volatile under vacuum conditions, which will affect the ultimate vacuum of the equipment.
In addition, the vacuum pollutants caused by these mechanical processes adsorb a large amount of gas in the atmospheric pressure environment, and in the vacuum state, these originally adsorbed gases will be released again, which becomes a major factor limiting the ultimate vacuum of the vacuum system. . For this reason, the contaminants must be removed before the parts of the vacuum coating machine are assembled.
In the process of using the vacuum equipment, its parts will be contaminated. However, the pollution from this source is mainly caused by the conditions of use and the vacuum pump.
1. Evaporation of the filament of the vacuum gauge tube under high temperature conditions will result in the formation of a thin film on the ceramic insulator, which will damage its insulation strength to a certain extent and affect the accuracy of its measurement;
2. Due to high temperature evaporation, a metal film will be formed on the surface near the filament of the electron gun in the vacuum;
3. Due to the magnetron sputtering of the work-piece, the inner wall of the ion beam etching machine will be contaminated by the spatter;
4. The inner wall of the vacuum evaporation coating equipment will be contaminated by its evaporation target material;
5. The vacuum drying system is often used, which will be contaminated by evaporated substances;
6. Diffusion pump oil and mechanical pump oil in semiconductor PVD vacuum coating equipment are a major source of pollution. After long-term operation of the coating machine, an oil film may form inside the equipment.
In summary, the vacuum sanitation of the equipment involves various aspects and links such as vacuum equipment, vacuum system, vacuum process production, etc., and involves the requirements of the semiconductor vacuum coating equipment itself and the use conditions of the special vacuum process. Therefore, vacuum pollution is worth Issues that are taken seriously, because these pollution will affect the performance of the equipment, you should pay attention to cleaning work regularly or at any time.
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.