The thickness of gold plating and the benefits of vacuum gold plating
As we all know, gold plating is to use the electroplating process to coat a thin layer of gold on the surface of the hardware. So how thick is the gold plating? In fact, different requirements require different thicknesses of gold plating. Of course, the thicker the gold plating, the higher the cost. Let's take a look!
1. What is the gold plating thickness of the hardware terminals?
The quality of gold plating depends on the thickness of the gold layer and its light and dark luster. Most are 1-2 micro inches, (pronounced MAI, that is, micro inches), but there are also many that need to be bolded, 10MAI or 20MAI. The thickest IC card holder contact I have ever plated, 70MAI, is close to two microns.
2. What is the gold plating thickness of the PCB?
Generally, the thickness of gold plating in PCB factory can be between 0.1-1.5um, which is the thickness of gold that can guarantee the quality. If it is thicker, the factory can do it, but the quality is not very stable.
3. What is the appropriate thickness of the connector's gold plating?
Connector, that is, the connector. Also known as connectors, plugs and sockets in China. Generally refers to electrical connectors. A device that connects two active devices to transmit current or signals.
General connector plating thickness: 15~50u gold, 50~100u nickel.
4. The spring current charging pin is gold plated
The gold-plated thickness of the spring is also based on actual needs, generally a thickness between 0.1-1.5um is enough.
Gold plating of spring current charging pins has the following advantages:
1. Improve the working performance of the spring current charging needle. The plating on the surface of the spring current charging pin not only protects the connector, but also improves performance in some ways. The plating layer is the protective layer for the normal use of the connector.
2. Better improve the stability of the spring current charging pin. Electroplating on the surface of the spring current charging pins can improve the mechanical properties of the connector such as ductility, durability, abrasion resistance and mating force. The electroplating layer on the surface of the connector can stabilize the impedance of the connector and make the electrical performance of the connector more stable.
3. Extend the service life of the spring charging needle. The electroplating layer on the surface of the spring charging pin can prevent the connector from being oxidized and sulfided and corroded in the working environment, thereby protecting the connector and prolonging the service life of the connector.
4. Increase the wear resistance of spring loaded pins. The electroplating layer on the surface of the spring charging pin can isolate harmful substances in the environment, which not only reduces the damage to the connector, but also increases the wear resistance of the connector.
Using color vacuum coating equipment to coat gold on objects can effectively reduce pollution and save materials. The finished vacuum coating looks brighter and more durable!
Vacuum coating equipment,Vacuum coating machine,ion coating machine, evaporation coating machine,24K Jewelry Gold Magnetron Sputtering Machine,Vacuum coating equipment,Vacuum coating machine,ion coating machine, evaporation coating machine,24K Jewelry Gold Magnetron Sputtering Machine,Vacuum coating equipment,Vacuum coating machine,ion coating machine, evaporation coating machine,24K Jewelry Gold Magnetron Sputtering Machine
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.