Problems encountered in gradient color treatment of magnetron vacuum coating machine
Now many brands of mobile phone covers show different colors from different side of view, such as Huawei, vivo, etc. in the vacuum coating industry, we call this color gradient rainbow color. The application of gradient color were widely used in different area, such as cosmetics industry, glass industry and so on, people also have a strong curiosity in the production principle of gradient rainbow color. Now let's talk about the principle of making gradient rainbow colors by vacuum PVD coating machine.
The working principle of the magnetron sputtering coating machine is to use arc discharge and glow discharge under vacuum. Gold titanium nitride, black titanium carbide, and colorful titanium oxynitride are plated on the surface of metal and non-metal workpieces. It can also be coated with anti-corrosion film (such as AL, Cr stainless steel and TiN, etc.) and wear-resistant film. The film layer is firmly combined with the substrate. The sputtering process is used to coat the film, which can improve the adhesion, repeatability, density and uniformity of the film layer. Degrees and other characteristics. It is suitable for industries such as plastic products, ceramics, resins, crystal glass products, handicrafts, plastic mobile phone cases, electronic products, building materials, etc., and has very good development prospects.
Six common problems and improvement countermeasures of magnetron sputtering coating process:
1. The film is dark and black
(1) The vacuum degree is lower than 0.67Pa. The vacuum should be increased to 0.13-0.4Pa.
(2) The purity of argon is lower than 99.9%. Argon gas with a purity of 99.99% should be used instead.
(3) Air leakage in the inflation system. The inflation system should be checked to eliminate air leakage.
(4) The primer is not fully cured. Properly extend the curing time of the primer.
(5) The outgassing of the plated parts is too large. Should be dried and sealed
2. The surface gloss of the film is dull
(1) The primer is poorly cured or deteriorated. Properly extend the curing time of the primer or replace the primer.
(2) The sputtering time is too long. Should be shortened appropriately.
(3) The sputtering film forming speed is too fast. Should appropriately reduce the sputtering current or voltage
3. Uneven color of film
(1) The primer is sprayed unevenly. The application method of primer should be improved.
(2) The film layer is too thin. Should increase the sputtering speed or extend the sputtering time.
(3) The fixture design is unreasonable. Fixture design should be improved.
(4) The geometry of the plated parts is too complicated. The rotation speed of the plated parts should be properly increased
4. The film is wrinkled and cracked
(1) The primer is sprayed too thick. Should be controlled within 7-10 ltan thickness.
(2) The viscosity of the paint is too high. Should be properly reduced.
(3) The evaporation rate is too fast. Should be slowed down appropriately.
(4) The film layer is too thick. The sputtering time should be shortened appropriately.
(5) The temperature of the plated parts is too high. The heating time of plated parts should be shortened appropriately
5. There are water traces, fingerprints and ash particles on the surface of the film
(1) The plated parts are not sufficiently dried after cleaning. Pre-plating treatment should be strengthened.
(2) Water droplets or saliva are splashed on the surface of the plated parts. Civilized production should be strengthened, and operators should wear masks.
(3) After priming, the hand touches the plated parts, leaving fingerprints on the surface. It is strictly prohibited to touch the surface of the plated parts by hand.
(4) There are particles in the paint. The paint should be filtered or replaced.
(5) Static dust removal fails or there is particulate dust in the spraying and curing environment. The dust collector should be replaced and the working environment should be kept clean
6. Poor film adhesion
(1) The degreasing and degreasing of the plated parts is not complete. Pre-plating treatment should be strengthened.
(2) The vacuum chamber is not clean. The vacuum chamber should be cleaned. It is worth noting that in the process of loading and unloading the target, it is strictly forbidden to touch the magnetron source with hands or unclean objects to ensure that the magnetron source has a high degree of cleanliness, which is important to improve the binding force of the film. One of the measures.
(3) The jig is not clean. The fixture should be cleaned.
(4) Improper selection of primer. The paint should be changed.
(5) Improper control of sputtering process conditions. The sputter plating process conditions should be improved.
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.